ID Theft Quiz
Are You At Risk For Identity Theft?
Answer "yes" or "no" to the following statements to determine your risk for Identity Theft.
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are at risk for Identity Theft!
- My Social Security card is in my wallet.
- I never cross-cut shred credit or banking information when I throw it in the trash.
- I do not cross-cut shred pre-approved applications.
- I drop off my outgoing mail in an unlocked mailbox at work or at home.
- I have not ordered a copy of my credit report in at least two years.
- My driver's license and/or Social Security number is printed on my checks.
- The identification number on my insurance card is the Social Security number of my spouse or myself.
- I am required to use my Social Security number as an employee or student ID.
- Whenever asked, I am willing to provide my Social Security number without asking how this information will be safeguarded. I am also willing to provide my number orally without checking to see who might listening.
- I do not believe that people would go through my trash looking for financial or credit information.
Find out how to protect yourself from Identity Theft.